Office of Undergraduate Education
Premier Education and Transformative Experiences
In line with Goal #2 of WSU's Strategic Plan (2008-2013), undergraduate education programs seek to "provide a premier education and transformative experience that prepare students to excel in a global society." They:
- provide high-impact learning experiences that engage undergraduates,
- foster core competencies in all learners, and
- support students through the undergraduate years until graduation.
The robust WSU undergraduate academic experience begins on students' very first days of classes. Significant learning begins semesters before students declare a major as juniors in any of WSU's more than 200 fields of study. In their first years in college, students:
- may live and learn with new friends and classmates from diverse backgrounds in Learning Communities' First-Year Focus program,
- are challenged to think critically and express their thoughts to others through written and spoken communication,
- engage with professors who are renowed scholars as well as teachers who care about what and how their students learn, and
- receive educational experiences that will help them develop skills and make the most of their time at college as they prepare for to take their place in the global marketplace.