Office of Undergraduate Education
Premier Education and Transformative Experiences
In line with Goal #2 of WSU's Strategic Plan (2014-2019), undergraduate education programs seek to provide a growing and increasingly diverse student population with a transformative experience that enhances their engagement and achievement in academics and co-curricular activities and positions them to be highly sought by post-baccalaureate employers and graduate/professional schools. Our programs:
- Provide excellent teaching and learning opportunities aimed at a larger and more diverse student population.
- Foster a university experience centered on student engagement, development, and success, with a focus on preparing graduates to lead and excel in a diverse United States and global society.
- Facilitate improvements to curricular and student support infrastructure to enhance access, educational quality, and student success in our growing institution.
The robust WSU undergraduate academic experience begins on students' very first days of classes. Significant learning begins semesters before students declare a major as juniors in any of WSU's more than 200 fields of study. In their first years in college, students:
- May live and learn with new friends and classmates from diverse backgrounds in Learning Communities' First-Year Focus program.
- Are challenged to think critically and express their thoughts to others through written and spoken communication.
- Engage with professors who are renowned scholars as well as teachers who care about what and how their students learn.
- Receive educational experiences that will help them develop skills and make the most of their time at college as they prepare for to take their place in the global marketplace.