National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) 2012
In spring 2012, more than 11,500 WSU students taking courses in Pullman, at branch campuses, and through distance programs will receive emails inviting their participation in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE). Its purpose is to evaluate the experiences of college students.
"Rate your WSU experience, build a better university"
In 2012, more than a half million students at 751 colleges in the U.S. and Canada will be invited at complete the NSSE survey. WSU has participated in NSSE surveys since 2000. WSU results from previous years has led to ...
- The Freshman Focus program
- The Common Reading program
- More Undergraduate Research opportunities
- Virtual mentors for Distance Degree Program courses
- "One-stop" student services at WSU Vancouver
Read more about WSU NSSE data at http://ir.wsu.edu/Student%20Surveys#NSSE .
The 2012 NSSE
Freshmen and seniors will be contacted through their WSU email accounts. The first email from NSSE will contain a personal message from WSU President Elson S. Floyd that invites them to participate. It contains a link to a NSSE webpage containing the survey. Participation is voluntary and responses are confidential.
Participating NSSE Respondents Entered into Prize Drawings
WSU students taking the NSSE survey by Feb. 21, 2012 will be entered into a drawing for prizes. By campus, they include ...
- WSU Pullman: one of 10 $100 gift cards
- WSU Online: one of five $100 gift cards
- WSU Tri-Cities: one $100 gift card
- WSU Spokane: one $100 gift card
- WSU Vancouver: one of more than 20 Microsoft software items ranging from $50-$150 in value (XBOX 360 games, Office for both PCs and MACs, and games for Windows)